Beau Simmons has been a professional photographer since 2009.
He made a name for himself at 21 in the fashion photography industry working with clients including Marc Jacobs, Guess Jeans, Free People, and Converse. He was a go-to photographer for such agencies as Elite Models, IMG, and Ford Models.
The fashion scene began to grind on Beau. Being a cowboy is in his blood. In this spirit, he decided to pursue his love for the western lifestyle and the wonder of the American landscape. Beau captures his artworks exclusively on film using the lost art of medium and large-format film photography. Taking inspiration from masters of film photography like Kurt Marcus and Steven Shore, Beau finds passion in capturing some of the forgotten lifestyles of our time. By telling a story influenced by cowboys and the western culture, his body of work focuses on preserving authentic moments and documenting what might be referred to as a lost era in today’s society. His body of work is a collection of memories captured predominantly throughout North America.
His commitment to telling an authentic story also includes working with American veterans and is on full display in his first feature coffee table book, The Twenty-Year War, which he created with two combat veterans, one of whom is his childhood friend. Beau is based in South Carolina but can usually be found traveling the United States, working on various ranches while capturing the western lifestyle.
EVENTS / EXHIBITS
Outside of working on exclusive collections each year for his art galleries, Beau also works on various personal projects relating to topics he finds inspiration from to share with the world. Here are a few upcoming projects/exhibitions he is working on.
- The Twenty-Year War: Our Next Greatest Generation - National Veterans Memorial & Museum, Columbus, OH: (March 12th - October 2nd)
- Highest Bidding Artwork Sold: "The World Needs More Cowboys" - Cattle Barons Ball, Dallas, TX: (September 17th)
- The Twenty-Year War: Our Next Greatest Generation - Grunt Style Headquarters, San Antonio, TX: (June - November)
- Persistence of Memory - Anne Neilson Fine Art, Charlotte, NC: (August 30th - November 1st)
- Reflections of the West - Markowicz Fine Art, Dallas, TX: (November 16th - January 11th)
PRESS / PRINT
- Fox & Friends Live Segment, 2021
- CNN & MSNBC, 2021
- National Veterans Memorial & Museum, Panel Discussion, 2021
- Washington Post, 2021
- Good Morning America, 2021
- Amazon Best Selling Author, 2021
- Forbes, 2022 - The Twenty-Year War: Our Next Greatest Generation
- Cowboys & Indians Magazine, 2023
- Cowgirl Magazine, 2023
- Texas Today, 2023
- Western Horseman, 2023
- Fort Worth Magazine, 2023
- House of Spoils - Los Angeles, CA
- Markowicz Fine Art - Dallas, TX
- Anne Neilson Fine Art - Charlotte, NC
- Trimper Gallery, Greenwich, CT